Dr. Adil Raja completed his PhD in 2008 from the university of Limerick, Ireland. He worked on important problems concerning non-intrusive, real-time speech quality estimation. After that he has also worked as a postdoctoral researcher for one year with Orange Labs, France Telecom R&D between 2010 and 2011. Prior to these affairs, he completed his MS in computer science from LUMS in 2004 and his BE in metallurgical engineering and materials science from UET Lahore. He has also attended Lawrence College Ghora Gali, Murree.
|February 2010 – February 2011||Post-Doctorate Researcher
Orange Labs, France Telecom R&D, Lannion, France
|September 2008 – June 2009||Assistant Professor
College of Information technology,
University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
|2005 – 2008||University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
Ph.D (Computer Science)
Thesis Title: Real-time Non-intrusive Quality Estimation of VoIP
|Fall 2004||Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Lahore, Pakistan
M.S. (Computer Science)
|Fall 2000||University of Engineering and Technology Lahore (UET), Lahore, Pakistan
B.E. (Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science)
- Muhammad Adil Raja, Anna Jagodzinska, and Vincent Barriac On Losses, Pauses, Jumps and the Wideband E-Model, In IEEE Access, 2017.
- Adil Raja, R. Muhammad Atif Azad, Colin Flanagan and Conor Ryan Evolutionary Speech Quality Estimation in VoIP, Soft Computing – A Fusion of Foundations, Methodologies and Applications, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, November 26, 2009.
- Adil Raja, R. Muhammad Atif Azad, Colin Flanagan and Conor Ryan A Methodology for Deriving VoIP Equipment Impairment Factors for a mixed NB/WB Context, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, October 2008.
- Saleh Habib, Mahgul Malik, Shams ur Rahman, Muhammad Adil Raja. NUAV – A Testbed for Development of Autonomous Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, International Conference on Communication, Computing and Digital Systems (C-Code), March 2017, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Muhammad Adil Raja, Sarmad Ali, and Aisha Mahmood. Simulators as Drivers of Cutting Edge Research, in Proceedings of 7th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Modelling and Simulation (ISMS), January 2016, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Adil Raja, R. Muhammad Atif Azad, Colin Flanagan and Conor Ryan VoIP Speech Quality Estimation in a Mixed Context with Genetic Programming, In Proceedings of Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference, July 2008.
- Adil Raja, R. Muhammad Atif Azad, Colin Flanagan, Conor Ryan An Evolutionary Approach to Speech Quality Estimation. in Proceedings of FBIT 2007.
- Adil Raja, R. Muhammad Atif Azad, Colin Flanagan, Dorel Picovici and Conor Ryan, Non-Intrusive Quality Evaluation of VoIP Using Genetic Programming’, In the proceedings of First International Conference on Bio-Inspired Models of Networks Information and Computer Systems (Bionetics), 2006, Cavalese, Italy.
- Dorel Picovici, Adil Raja, and Colin Flanagan, ’Real-time, Non-intrusive VoIP Evaluation Using Second Generation Network Processor’, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing, 21-24 May 2006, 1208-1211.
A Testbed for Development of Automated Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)
Development of a four-state Markov chain model to characterize the intensity of additional network layer impairments that may affect the speech quality of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). The impairments include pauses (temporal dilation) as well as jumps (temporal contraction) of the speech signal that ensue from interactions between network jitter and the jitter buffer. As the work is under review currently, complete details of the project cannot be disclosed.
Development of a GA-GP hybrid for research purpose. The project was aimed at development of a hybrid optimization system. The hybrid approach allows for the GP to search for an appropriate structure for the target model, whereas the GA tunes the coefficients of the models during evolution. The development was done in Java.
Development of GE software that may be used to search computer programs befitting a certain problem domain using an arbitrary search technique such as a GA or a particle swarm optimizer.
Evolutionary Nursery is an implementation of a simple genetic algorithm suited to numerical optimization problems. The implementation was done in Java.
Java Beagle is an implementation of genetic programming. The framework is based on, and inspired from, Beagle Puppy which is a project of Open Beagle. The framework is implemented in java. It’s implementation was particularly aimed at symbolic regression problems, although it can be used for other problems such as classification or even evolvable hardware design with some tweaks. The framework also implements certain other nice algorithms that make the overall symbolic regression more efficient. For instance, the frameworks has implemented in it lexicographic parsimony pressure (LPP) proposed by Sean Luke, linear scaling and subtree caching proposed by Maarten Keijzer.
The Controller is responsible for remote command execution and file transfer on a variable number of wireless nodes concurrently. Java Programming language was used as the development environment and Unix as the underlying operating system. The controller has a graphical user interface. Some of the functions of the Controller are:
- A variable number of graphical consoles can be invoked by the user to monitor and control the wireless network.
- It provides functionality to execute remote commands concurrently such as running ping commands, routing protocols and invoking VoIP calls on wireless nodes.
- It displays a time-varying topology of the network on a graphical panel.
The focus of my master’s project was to highlight the advantages of a routing protocol for sensor networks based on MTE (minimum transmission energy) routing. I designed and developed a graphical simulator for evaluation of my algorithm. I used C-sharp for development of the project.
- Development of a Distributed File System in C-sharp.
- Development of Simulation Modules for Spanning Tree and RIP Protocols.
- A Simulation Study of CR-LDP Based MPLS Enabled Network.